Why Showers and Beers Go Together like PB&J 0
You know that saying "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush?" Well, a beer in the shower is worth two at the brewery. There is quite possibly nothing better than cracking open a cold beer to enjoy while in a steaming hot shower. There’s no exact science as to why it is intrinsically better, maybe the PH balance changes mid sip or being in the steam makes your taste buds come alive to be able to enjoy your frosty beverage in an entirely new light. Probably not, but either way it’s safe to say we may be obsessed with this new tradition and 5 points to prove a shower beer is better than just a normal beer or a normal shower.
- Beer tastes better naked. Dude you know its true, there’s probably nothing that enhances the beer experience quite like your birthday suit. You are one with nature, and one with the hops, the wheat, the barley. So unless we’re unaware of some new laws, the only place to slurp a brewski as mother nature intended is (you guessed it) the shower!
- The hot to cold ratio is juuuuuuusssssst right. Think about it, one of the best parts of summer is a cold drink on a hot day. Why is that? Because experiencing heat makes cold things feel colder. That I’m sure there MUST be some science on, any scientists want to back us up on this? Creating a steamy, warm oasis gives that ice cold IPA the PERFECT juxtaposition.
- Are you a king, or were you just able to afford a 6-pack? Pretty much the same thing in this occasion. If we were royalty, there is no way that we wouldn’t take every shower with a beer and every bath with wine. Now you at home get to feel like a VIP in the comfort of your own bathroom. Optional enhancements include a freshly out the dryer fluffy towel, slippers, a robe, maybe even a crown and scepter depending on how extra you are.
- Is there anything that will make you feel more AMERICAN? Getting off your job, or starting off a weekend, sore from a long day’s work, washing off your problems accompanied by your trusty can of the good stuff. Enjoying a beer in a shower is by far one of the most RED, WHITE and BLUE things you can possibly do.
- For your weekday morning showers, thanks to Salus the beer is optional. Monday morning at 7am might not be the best time to sip a brew before your cup of joe, but we at Salus are passionate enough about shower beers we bring you- SALUS BEER SOAP. Actual beer is infused into a bar of handcrafted, moisturizing, dare we say INCREDIBLE bar soap. Lather up with it and take the weekend shower beer feels right into your work week.
- Elijah Cordova
FREE PRINTABLE VALENTINES 0
Looking for a way to say I love you this year? Look no further! We have created the cutest valentines day cards for you to give to whoever you adore in your life! Hide them in their packed lunch, tape them to their mirror, tuck one on their windshield, or tie them on a cute Salus gift like this Lip Kit for the perfect valentines day kiss, or on this beautiful Rose Quartz Mega Bath Bomb! You can check out a wide selection of Valentines Day themed gifts here as well!
Grab your printable sheet below!
- Elijah Cordova
SALUS DIY: The Giving Tree 0
Looking for a way to make the holiday season special for someone in your life? Why not create an advent calendar for them to count down to Christmas Day filled with small, handcrafted Salus goodies? Whether young or old, this is a surprise they will absolutely love. We will show you how to make a Salus Giving Tree for yourself with things from around the house and give you some fun ideas on what to fill it with!
- A large branch
- Hammer & nails
- Greenery (we used pine)
- Wrapping paper
- Bags, boxes, envelopes
- Lots of Salus treats and other trinkets to fill it with (you need enough things for 25 small packages)
Let's Get Started!
We first started by attaching our branch to the wall by hanging it with rope and then nailing it in place. Make sure to keep the weight equally distributed, we wrapped our branch with the rope in a few places to make sure it was secure.
Once you have your branch in place, now comes the fun part...the PRESENTS! We recommend filling it with small, lightweight gifts with an occasional bigger surprise. We tucked away a mix of
- Salus Bath Bombs
- Salus Shower Bombs
- Salus Tub Taffies
- Salus Lip Conditioners
- Salus Lip Scrubs
- Salus Custom Scented Lotions
These make wonderful surprises that won't break the bank and that come in such a wide array of scents, you can pick out just what they'd love to receive. Some other great ideas to fill up your advent calendar are holiday candy, movie tickets, personal letters, stickers, $5 gift cards, the possibilities are endless. Let your creativity shine and think about the person you're surprising.
Now that you've got bath bombs in hand, lets get wrapping. We chose to do a monochromatic gift wrapping with Craft Paper, Silver and Gold, but chose whatever you'd like! We used a variety of boxes and bags to create different shapes that would keep our surprises, well...a surprise! Have fun creating this part, the love you put into this will show through.
Take your wrapped advent calendar gifts and attach them to the branch using twine or ribbons. Be sure to knot them well so they don't fall off! We had fun arranging them on the organic branch, letting the natural shape tell us where to hang each gift.
Finally once your 25 advent calendar presents are hung with care, decorate the branch with greenery. Again, put your personal touch on this as the Salus Giving Tree is as much an advent calendar as it is a beautiful holiday decoration. You could add anything like faux berries, poinsettias, ornaments, lights, whatever suits your fancy.
Stand back and look at your beautiful creation, and get ready for the daily excitement of your loved one when they open each gift with glee!
If you enjoyed this blog post, let us know in the comments, or on our social medias @salus on instagram and @shopsalus on facebook!
- Elijah Cordova
A letter to the soap maker - "MIRACLE SOAP" 0We recently got the sweetest review in our inboxes from a kind lady named Annie with the subject line "Your Loofah Soaps are LIFE-CHANGING!", who wanted us to know how much our Loofah Soaps have helped her and just about everyone that she knows.
- Elijah Cordova
Why is my Lotion Pink? 0
Have you found that you’ve picked out your favorite Salus lotion, custom blended your scent to perfection, and then noticed that your final product has changed color slightly? We have customers ask us about this occasionally, and we thought we’d put an end to your curiosity. When it comes to our products, you will either find high quality fragrance oils or essential oils are used for scent. Using essential oils in our products, we have found certain ones will always slightly tint the product they are used in. This typically happens in our lotions, but can also be found in our bath bombs as well. There is nothing negative about the color change, it is just part of the essential oil’s nature. For example, our vanilla essential oil can tint things a little purple, our pink grapefruit can turn things a little more yellow, and our peppermint essential oil can go slightly pink. So if this happens to you, just take it as a mark that you have real, quality essential oils in your product and have no fear!
- Elijah Cordova